Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 4th in Utah

Mel and I traveled to Utah to enjoy the fourth of july festivities. We got to the Boyer's house late on Thursday. I woke up and ran against jon in the 5k run and established that I am both a better distance runner and sprinter than Jon, when I out kicked him in the last 100 yards of the race. Then Mel and I attended the parade with Grandma and Grandpa, the Adcoxs, and Swensons. Then we traveled to the canyon and had a great picnic. Mel and i then went to Ikea, where Mel purchased a number of items for our apartment, then we went back to Provo and saw Glenn Beck, the Blueman group, and Myley Cyrus at the stadium of fire along with a great fireworks show.

The next morning I made crepes for Riley Adcox's birthday and everyone enjoyed them.

After breakfast at Grandma's, we drove over to salt lake to see melanie's sister's new baby and we hung out with Mel's mom and sisters. On sunday, we woke up and drove back. It was a short trip, but fun to get away for a weekend. Again, it was also good to establish that I am both a better sprinter and distance runner than Jon.

Ryan

7 comments:

Jonny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonny said...

Ryan did beat me by 1 second. After all the working out he does I would have expected him to do alot better than that. Imagine what would have happened if I had the time to work out as much as Ryan: i would have beaten him by 3 minutes. The real truth of the outcome of the race is this: I am just as fast as Ryan is when Im out of shape.

Ryan said...

Actually, I was just hanging back with you until it actually came time for me to win. That was wise on my part as that was the only time you hung out with us that weekend. You didn't come to the picnic or breakfast after the Fourth.

Ryan said...

You also didn't come to the parade. So I figured, might as well run with you the entire way.

The truth of the matter is this: I ran the first to miles in fifteen minutes, a moderate pace for me. You fell off the radar and I hung back. I was ready to run the last mile in six minutes; however, because I hung back going at your pace, the last mile took eleven minutes!

cobrakaidojo said...

Jon,

Why don't you hang out with your brother and his sweetheart when they come to Provo?

Jonny said...

Quote from Ryan after the race: "wow, that took everything out of me, I feel like puking." Clearly Ryan was trying his hardest throughout the entire race as testified from his own lips. And if he did hold back the first two miles then he should have had extra gas for the last mile, but instead he ran the last mile in 11 minutes because he simply was fatigued. This race truly reveals the running potentials for Ryan and I.

janellelee said...

sounds like fun! you guys did a lot!!! jon, do you like your family? you have to hang out with us you know....you are tied to us FOREVER. get used to it!
i think we should go to the kamiakin track and settle this once and for all. i can get it on video so the evidence will be undisputable. JUST KIDDING. i dont think that i could even run once around the track.