Sunday, November 14, 2010

A gift














I am going through all our pictures to make albums for my children. I came across this picture tonight on a memory card from Claire's camera. It was taken when Dad came to New Jersey in March 2009. I love it because its my home and my Dad walking into it. I love the grin on his face. I love the memories associated with this weekend.

Dad came that weekend for Claire's baptism. He brought several gifts for her. It seemed to me like he had walked through the "baptism" section of the Far West bookstore and grabbed one of everything. I remember feeling at the time that some of the gifts were kind of random and that I didn't quite know what to do with some of them.

After Dad died, I came home and helped to clean out my daughters' closet. While doing so, I came across one of the gifts. I couldn't believe how meaningful it was and I asked Claire if I could borrow it.

It now sits on my nightstand and helps me to feel hopeful when I am down:














3 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks, Jen. Dad's faith that he lived is a source of strength for me too.

cobrakaidojo said...

Thanks Jen.

Amy said...

That's a great story Jen and a great picture of dad.