Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Recent happenings chez nous

Here are a few recent pix. Anna's blessing day...



We were so happy some of our family could be there!

Ryan was so nice to my kids--they had a blast playing air hockey and basketball with him.
The day before the blessing we went to the Met and saw this very famous painting entitled "Christmas Time at the Blodgetts." As I write this I'm feeling guilty again Janelle that I didn't go to the Statue of Liberty with you and Michael.
Ron's parents stayed with us after the blessing until Thanksgiving. We went bowling,
to the park,

to watch Christian's social studies skit about the Stamp Act:

had a yummy Thanksgiving dinner (except for the raw turkey),
and did the dishes.

The following week Ron and I took the kids to Disneyworld. Ron really hit it off with Woody and Jessie:

We all loved seeing Mickey and Minnie:

Gracie with Buzz wearing her "ears":
Christian and Claire about to get on Space Mountain:
Ron and Joseph on the flying Dumbo ride:

The kids and I at Epcot:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (the only time Joseph would go on it):

Splash Mountain:


The characters always noticed Anna:




We had a lot of fun. We flew home exhausted Sunday morning and slept for most of the day.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's awesome! I love the update! I love Disneyworld. IT's so much fun. The kids looked like they had a blast. Anna looks pretty in her blessing outfit. Great pictures Jen.

Ryan said...

Jen, thanks for posting. This looks like a very memorable family trip. It was so fun being with you guys the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Ryan said...

And the air hockey picture...you really get into it and Jen's kids are ultra competitive. I feel bad because whoever was on my team lost. Joseph was very disappointed when he was on my team because we lost. He tried to set a rule before the end of the game that you are not allowed to celebrate if you win. Christian and Claire did not observe the rule.

cobrakaidojo said...

i noticed in the thanksgiving pic that you guys were using paper plates, i need a hard plate for my thanksgiving...

jon