Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas plans....


Mom and I are wondering what everyone would prefer to do for Christmas.

There are a few non-negotiable:
1. Grandma Hazel's Christmas eve
2. A pinata (as per mom's request)
3. Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
4. Lots of food
5. Lots of games
6. Presents
7. A Very Costner Christmas
8. It's A Wonderful Life (You call this a happy family? Why do we have to have all these kids?)

However....

We are wondering what everyone would like to do Christmas eve night and Christmas morning. Do we want to sleep at Huff's house Christmas Eve or sleep at mom's house Christmas eve?

Michael and I are more than happy to have people stay at our home for the duration of your stay, or if people want to stay over here just for Christmas eve....



We obviously have a few kids (& gifts) to worry about, but we would like to be involved in the Christmas morning festivities.

So, let us know by responding to this post about your opinion/thoughts/feelings etc. Thanks and we are so excited!



Michael and I bought a (almost) 9 footer fresh Christmas tree this year. It is pretty massive, so we are definitely in the Christmas spirit!

13 comments:

cobrakaidojo said...

i concur that we should have christmas eve at the Huffs, because they have that nice big tree and also so they dont have to transport their many presents from their house to moms house. their is plenty of space their and it would be fun to watch the kids open their presents on christmas morning. if we do that i require three things: an endless spread of cheeses and meats and crackers on the table, christmas classics being played on the record in the background, as well as a showing of 'its a wonderful life.' If those three conditions can be met than i think it would be great to have christmas eve at the huffs!

Jon

cobrakaidojo said...

i am not saying that we should definetly have it at my house, but we are just wondering what everyone is thinking or what everyone would rather...thanks for responding so quickly jon:)
janelle

Amy said...

I'm very excited. I'm happy to do Christmas eve night at Janelle's. My thoughts and feelings go along with Jon. My requirement is watching It's a wonderful life on christmas eve. That's my favorite movie. I have no strong feelings to anything except that. Whatever everyone wants to do is fine with us.

Amy said...

Riley wants to know why Field of Dreams was left off the poll.

cobrakaidojo said...

thats an easy question to answer riley and amy...b/c i don't want to watch that one;)j/k it could be added to the list.

Ryan said...

I believe everyone is going in the wrong direction for entertainment. Everyone should gather around me as a I tell a Christmas story complete with narration, guitar songs, and interpretive modern dance.

I think it would be great to have Christmas morning at the Huffs so that we can see the kids' hyperactivity. It's also hilarious to watch the kids' happy and angry reactions as they open presents.

Also, we're excited to talk to Evan and we should figure out how to get Jen and Ron on Skype so that they can talk to Evan, too.

cobrakaidojo said...

The pinata is not a "must". It is just something that I did growing up and thought it could be fun. I would like to add "For Love of the Game" with Kevin Costner!
looking forward to Christmas with all of you. mom

Ryan said...

I would happily do a pinata. Though I don't know if I should take a swing because one hit from me and the pinata will disintegrate, including all of the candy. That's how powerful I am.

For the Love of the Game is a great Costner movie.

jenbahrens said...

OK now I'm really depressed--you guys are going to have so much fun!

Quick story: I was gone last night for 5 minutes to pick up a babysitter. When I returned I discovered Claire dangling from the attic ceiling opening in my bedroom. The kids had used the 5 minutes to completely ransack the house for Christmas presents.

Ryan said...

That's hilarious, Jen. I don't remember ever taking my search for presents that far.

cobrakaidojo said...

Jen,

Heres an idea: instead of getting your kids conventional gifts this year, buy each one a plane ticket to kennewick and put each ticket into the individual stockings. they will be thrilled when they see those plane tickets. And then you and your family can spend your holiday in kennewick! what do you think?

Jon

Amy said...

That's a funny story jen I hope you hid your presents well.

reginag said...

Sounds like a good plan then. Goodluck!

arizona dui lawyers