Tuesday, June 28, 2011


Hi to all my family. I finally have mustered up enough strength to add something to the blog tonight. I am glad that you have been writing fun memories about Dad.

January 24, Friday I heard a knock at the door just as I was heading off to work to cover the evening shift and there was a woman with a huge beautiful bouquet of flowers. I was completely surprised because I also looked down on the porch and there was another pot of flowers sitting there. I opened the cards and found that Tom and Sherrie and Vivid and sent flowers in remembrance of Dad! I was so surprised that Vivid remembered and appreciated Tom and Sherrie's thoughtful gesture.
I often marvel at how blessed I am to have so many individuals that show their concern and kindness to me.
I am especially appreciative of my children, spouses and grandchildren. I can't tell you how many times your phone calls and encouraging words have helped me focus on the good in my life.
I still have moments that I expect to hear Dad driving up the driveway or trodding up the stairs after a long day at work. I, on occasion, think I catch a glimpse of him driving past in the Sentra headed home or on an errand. I was in the temple last week helping with youth baptisms and felt as tho he could be there checking in on me. I wanted to see him and hear his voice. I miss his strenth and his protective presence. I used to tell him he was my hero. I know that sounds weird but when I would get myself in a bind or was upset about something or in an unsafe situation , he would often step in and resolve the issue when it was beyond my ability. I would always feel a great sense of relief and rescue and grateful that he so willing interceded. I still struggle to want to go to church by myself. I feel that there is such a huge break in my heart as I try to step forward each moment of the day. It is a puzzle to me as to how I am suppose to proceed with my normal activities when things really are no longer normal.
I appreciate the strength and support that all of my family and friends continue to provide. It helps me to feel that I can move forward and handle the responsibilities of my life.
I love all of you and pray for each one of you. I pray for your successes and that your righteous desires will be met. You are all amazing to me and I am so grateful for the coaxing, direction and support each of you gave in helping Evan prepare for his mission. I could not have done as much.

I have included a picture of the flowers Vivid gave me because I took them over to the cemetery.
I am enjoying the beautiful flowers Tom and Sherrie gave me at home.
love from mom

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Mom, thank you. We all look up to you and love you. Not a day goes by where I do not think of Dad. It seems that several times a day--everyday--I am immersed in memories of Dad or pondering the gospel truths that we all have been brought to face.

I am grateful for the gift of eternal life. I am grateful, especially lately, that families can be together forever. I have faith in these things and am grateful that I have been given the gift of faith for these things.

Amy said...

I loved this mom. I know its not easy for you. If you pray everyday to heavenly father for strenghth I know he will help you get through each day. You're doing great. I love that you call dad you're hero.You and him have always been my heroes. I know that he still has an interest in your life and what you're doing. He was always nosie.

I too, am grateful for the gospel and its eternal truths. The savior's atonement and resurrection made it possible for us to return to Heavenly Father and live together as families forever.