Wednesday, October 24, 2012

dads grave site

I know its not really a grave...but what do you call it? I am missing dad a lot these days, I always do as November comes around, as I am sure you all do.
I drive by dad's "resting place" every single day, multiple times a day, and feel bad that there isnt more to it.  I feel like there should be something there besides the rock I painted with a heart.  I made a family picture, but it broke & there are a few new additions to our family.  And flowers die.  I am looking for suggestions for something that I can put/make/buy to put in front of his "door".  I guess, I would like to drive up Union, (like i do multiple times a day)...and see something by his site, it just seems....lonely. 
On a side note...I think I am going to talk to the funeral people to see if we can put his dates on his slab....thoughts? 
thanks, love and miss everyone
janelle

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks for watching over Dad's resting place, Janelle. I know it must be difficult every day. Not a day goes by where I don't catch myself swimming in memories and conversations with Dad. And my daily contemplation of gospel questions often seems to be driven by Dad's passing.

Yes, let's add the dates.

cobrakaidojo said...

yes Janelle I agree. It does seem kinda lonely in that spot. I think some sort of metallic picture should be added (and definitely his dates)to the site. or maybe an engraving of some kind. perhaps of the oakland temple or montana mountains. i think a visual should be added (much like grandpa and grandma blodgetts grave). thats my opinion.

jon

jenbahrens said...

Janelle I miss Dad every day too. What have you seen done on other people's spots? I like Jon's idea about the engraving.