Tuesday, November 13, 2007

An Old Jazz Hero


Yes, I watched Jeff Hornacek play for the Utah Jazz. Yes, I watched him win the three-point contest at the all-star game. And Yes, I got his autograph Monday, November 12th at the Energy Solutions Arena, home of the Utah Jazz. He is a current Utah resident and comes to the Jazz games. He is currently coaching one of the Jazz star players, Andrei Kirilenko, on his outside shot, which we all know Jeff was a pro at.


There was a small gathering of people and I saw him standing there signing autographs. Riley gave me the courage to go join in. I felt bad because he was probably sick of signing autographs. It was finally my turn I said, "sorry, can you do one more?" he replied, "sure." I had a small pizza box in my hand and while he was signing my ticket said with a smile on his face, " you better eat that before the game starts." I didn't know what to say, I just chuckled. Anyway, that is my experience with a professional athlete.

1 comments:

cobrakaidojo said...

I thought Jeff was one of the greatest pure shooters I ever saw play. I compare the purity of his shot to my old NBA hero Jerry West.

Dad