Thursday, March 13, 2008

from janelle

I know that a lot of people like Dr. Laura, but I am not one of them. She makes my head hurt and my brain wants to explode. I was disgusted by her latest comments on a talk show about the Spitzer scandal...
I am paraphrasing of course, but she felt like b/c his wife was not building him up and making him feel respected at home and not keeping him satisfied, he had to go and find that somewhere else. She basically blames his wife for driving him to hookers. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Did anyone else hear her comments? Am I just a femminist freak? Or is she weird? I know that some people are awful to live with and/or be married too, but does that mean it is their fault if their spouse strays?? cheating just seems so low to me, and for someone to be "driven" to it is ridiculous. You dont get along, you haven't had sex in years, she doesnt make dinner for you, she makes you do your own ironing....whatever the reason, getting in the situation where you can have an affair is still beyond me. A marraige is a partnership, right? If one partner is not holding up their end of the bargain, does that break all the rules and allow you to go find a midnight lover? I just dont think we should blame other people for our own choices or transgressions. After all, didn't you choose to be married to this person.
Whatever, I hate dr. laura...

3 comments:

Amy said...

I absolutely agree Janelle. Anytime, I hear someone has an affair my respect level for them drops completely. I don't think it's right that someone blames the spouse for their affair. It is always their choice.

Melanie said...

I had a two month spree of listening to Dr Laura but then I realized that she says the same thing everyday. I could predict what she was going to say before she opened her mouth. I can't believe she said that about Switzer! She's an idiot. I feel like way too often her answer was, "Don't blame the husband, he has sexual needs the wife isn't fulfilling." Give me a break.

janellelee said...

melanie, your comment made me laugh out loud! thanks! i couldn't agree w/you more!