Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Murder Mystery Dinner





Riley and I hosted a murder myster dinner with our friends a couple of weeks ago. For those of you that aren't familiar with this kind of social gathering, it's rather fun. It's a game where you try and solve who the murderer is. We invited only a few guests and assign a character for them well in advance, so they can plan their costumes. Everyone that shows up to this party is a suspect in a murder. There is an entire story line that everyone follows and they all work together to solve the mystery.

Our story line was set in the 1920s in Chicago. The murder victim was a gangster named "Hal" Cappone. The suspects were a reporter, a district attorney, a golfer, a jazz singer, a society dame, a baseball player, the owner of a jazz club, and a business man. Riley was the business man and I was the owner of a jazz club. At the start of the game everyone is given a script and throughout the game dirty secrets are revealed about each individual and everyone looks guilty of the murder. For instance, I turned out to be running a brothel and smuggling illegal alcohol into my club. Riley turned out to be a corrupt business man who tried, on several occasions to "off" Hal Cappone. Anyway, I turned out to be the murderer in the end. It was a lot of fun dressing up and everyone that came got really into their characters.

6 comments:

cobrakaidojo said...

That lazy eye again. . .

Ryan said...

Way to be social you guys! Did tensions run high like the Mafia fiascos of the family reunion?

Ryan said...

i don't get the lazy eye joke?

Jonny said...

that would be a fun game, i would get way into my character. it would probably be optimally fun with at least 2 more couples.

Amy said...

I don't have a lazy eye! The eye doctor said it's just a droop that a lot of people have, I could get it fixed if I want to. I don't know why one eye opens more then the other.

janellelee said...

how fun! you guys look so good! i cant wait to wear my mink coat! i will post pictures of our event. is riley smoking? he knows that that is specified in the word of wisdom, right? j/k. i dont see the lazy eye....