Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Summer

I finished my semester last week. It feels good to be done with a year, possibly the fastest of my life. Just two more to go. This summer, I am interning with the city attorney of thornton. Thornton is a suburb of denver. As of now, I'm not sure what I'll be doing there. Tomorrow is my first day. I'll be doing the internship for 10 hours a week.

Also, I got a part-time job as a clerk for an attorney yesterday. He is "of counsel" to a law firm here, but has a solo practice as well. I basically got lucky in getting it. I submitted my resume and he called me back and asked why I want to work part-time while I am in school. I explained that I am married and that I'd like to contribute to the financial needs of my family and he laughed. He is a seasoned attorney and I will essentially keep his files in order and assist in preparation for litigation. I'll be doing that for 25 hours a week and a little less during the school year. His practice is mainly real estate, tax, trusts/estates, and general business law. So I was glad to get it because this is the area I would like to work in.

Melanie continues to work hard as well. We are grateful to be blessed.

Ryan

4 comments:

janellelee said...

good for you ryan!! congratulations on the internship and part time employ.

janellelee said...

ryan, i was afraid of you on the phone today...you were so abrupt. i felt like i was talking to dad when he is busy....:)

Amy said...

I'm glad you've found a job that's great. Let me know how it goes for you.

Ryan said...

well janelle I was handling business. I called for two specific things and I would stay on track until I discovered those two things.