Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dad's New Favorite Drink


This was a very comical story that I think you all will get a kick out of. I'm sorry dad, but it must be explained. Dad and Mom came up to my meet in Montana this weekend. On the way up they stopped at a gas station to refuel and get some treats. Dad buys a drink and some m&ms. He goes back to the car, opens the drink and takes a sip. He looks at the label and asks mom, "Deb, what does 'hard' mean?" Mom replies, "Bob, that means it has alcohol in it." Whoops! Dad accidentially takes a swig of an alcoholic beverage. Prior to telling me this story, I asked who drove most of the way, mom said she drove about half. Was it the half after dad had drunk the lemonade? Was he passed out in the front seat sleeping off his hangover? I just had to say that to tease dad. This isn't the end of the story. Later, after Riley, mom, dad, and I had went out to dinner and were laughing about the story, Dad had mentioned he still had the drink in the car. Riley says, " uhh, you can get a pretty severe traffic violation for having an open bottle of alcohol in your car, that's illegal" Dad's reply, "Well, the lid is on." No, the bottle was already opened and drunk out of, the cops could get you for that. Sorry, if this embarressed you dad but it was pretty funny.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Now we all know Dad is a smart guy, but I guess he's not very street smart.

Jonny said...

dad, i know alot of things are on your mind, but drinking wont solve anything.

janellelee said...

very funny story. dad, did you pick up the "lemonade" out of habit? and then realizing that mom would discover what it truly was, pretend to be surprised over what "hard" meant? hmmmm interesting

cobrakaidojo said...

It was a rasberry/lemonade bottled drink, or so I thought. You know I like to drink cold "soft" drinks out of a "long-necked" bottle. I just thought the "hard" designation meant it had a lemony tart twang to it. I apologize for my carelessness. I confessed to Bishop Tolman, but he still allowed me to sit by him on the stand for Sunday meeting. It was fun being in beautiful Montana, and we were proud of Amy's outstanding effort in the race. Cousin Jim was an official at the meet, and it was good to be with Riley and Amy. Lois and Van also came to the meet, following Van's 85 year's of age bowling effort earlier in the day where he rolled a 480 in a three game series.

Dad

Dad

cobrakaidojo said...

who posted the stay puft marshmellow man thing?

grandma said...

Bob, I thought we raised you better!!!