Saturday, October 6, 2007

Goal

Hopefully this image will inspire you to do what I'm asking you to do by next Saturday. I want every single person this week to do some form of exercise.

I promise you, if you exercise more frequently you will have more energy, you won't be as depressed, and you'll lose weight in the process. I don't understand, what is so scary about exercise. Yes, sometimes it might burn your lungs but it's worth it.

Here's a goal i'm setting for you all this week:

Do some form of exercise whether it's jogging/walking, playing a sport (probably basketball in our family's case), aerobics, etc. whatever you like to do.

The KEY is to do something that gets your heart rate up. That means your burning calories and its benefical for your heart.

By the way, I'm not even asking you to do this everyday (although I know some of you do Ryan, Melanie, and Evan bravo). Just to start out, I'm asking you to exercise two days out of this next week by Saturday October 13 for at least 30 minutes. I believe this is a realistic goal for you to accomplish. Just take an hour out of your week to get your heart rate up by doing some type of physical activity.

I'm suggesting this because I worry about the general health of our family. I really, really, believe it's important to exercise and I hope all of you will take my challenge.

Amy
Report back to me on how you felt.

14 comments:

cobrakaidojo said...

Thank you for the challenge Amy. I will try and do it.

Dad

cobrakaidojo said...

Amy
I am going to take your challenge.
I have been doing exercises and occasionally I try to walk at
work when I am done. I agree
I need to do better at being more
active.
love from mom
ps conference is awesome

janellelee said...

thanks amy, i am inspired...will you hound me to make sure i do it b/c i want to do keep doing it. i need to become more active. i am going to start out walking b/c i dont think my heart could stand running. dad...what do you mean you'll TRY...what is that business. commit and do it or don't. love ya!:)

cobrakaidojo said...

i am the strongest, fastest, and quickest athlete in this family, i dont need to be lectured on that.

jenbahrens said...

Amy, I jogged this morning (Monday) for 20 minutes. Ron did some exercise this morning too. Thanks for trying to motivate us!

Amy said...

That's great Jen and Ron, keep it up. I'm assuming JOn wrote that he didn't need exercise i beg to differ. Please excercise Jon, you were looking a little flabby last time I saw you. Just kidding! But seriously you should try to exercise some this week.

Jonny said...

maybe your right, ill give it a shot.

cobrakaidojo said...

Amy, I jogged/walked again this morning for about 20 minutes. Ron did too.

cobrakaidojo said...

If only I could stop eating cookie dough.

janellelee said...

well, i am not doing that great...i literally ate a whole carton of pralines and carmel ice cream in 2 days. with no help from anyone else. i will need to tack on a few more minutes of excersise....at least!:)

Amy said...

If you exercise enough then you don't have to make such a big deal about what you eat. But it would be better for now, if you guys cut back on some cookie dough and ice cream, I'm not saying eliminate it but, cut back.

cobrakaidojo said...

Amy,

I walked one-half hour this morning.

Dad

cobrakaidojo said...

I run for 45-60 minutes every day already.

cobrakaidojo said...

i walked 1 mile while pushing reese and sadie in a stroller...(approx. 60lbs total)

good for you dad!

and p.s. you need to identify yourself when you post on cobrakaidojo...