Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dad

This is from Bobby B.

On the beginnings of the process of conversion (from my mission publication in North Germany in 1970):

"He mused.
His mind stirred.
Contemplation was an action foreign, feared,
Yet he wondered, pondered as intellect said yes to a thought that thrashed the past:

"Reject", screamed Ego,
"Accept", whispered Conscience,
"Verify", added Reason."

I am going to the Bitterroot this weekend to take Hazel to Missoula to visit Lois and thereafter to go to Bozeman to watch Amy in her cross-country meet. I love going over to Montana this time of the year. It will be soothing and beautiful.

I support this blog. I support the troops. I support our family. I love the dear mother (my wife) of this family. I am a closet environmentalist and gun control advocate, which is inconsistent with Montana roots, but there you go.

People need to listen more, talk less and utilize fewer words. Meetings in and out of the church need to be generally of a shorter duration. Too much poor quality television--I plead guilty! Exercise is good which is why I admire the Amy and Riley Cooks.

Jen and Ron--consider a kitchen table upgrade for your new home!
Janelle and Michael--keep Reese clothed in public!
Michael B.--keep fighting for yourself!
Ryan and Mel--consider a future business plan around the concept of advertising for legal services!
Jon--remember, "the transaction is not complete until the receivable has been collected"!
Amy and Riley--consider it your mission to teach your siblings the virtues of healthy living!
Evan--"Attack"!!!

Please share your various truisms and philosophies developed thus far in your young lives. I am interested in more fully understanding what makes you all tick.

Signing off for now--let's keep this blog full of randomness!!

3 comments:

janellelee said...

YES DAD! very funny post and i am so glad to get some needed insight into your mind. i think we should all add our "truisms" and thoughts on ourselves. i am actually dying to hear what we all think of ourselves! it is funny how we are perceived by others b/c sometimes it is so the opposite on how we imagine ourselves to be.

janellelee said...

LETS GET TO IT!

Amy said...

Dad, I thought your post was very insightful. As the patriarch of the family you offered simple and plain advice. You're a really good writer. You always seem to have something deep and profound to write about. Tell mom to share some thoughts she has too.