Tuesday, September 4, 2007

from Ryan

Hi everyone. I endorse News from the Bitterroot as our family's communication interface. I know once I've endorsed the blog it will become popular and everyone will use it. Nice job on the design, Janelle. I think it looks great.

School is going well. Melanie and I went to a bar party last week and it was funny because we didn't know what to do. We went with this girl I met who is in all of my classes and her Medical school boyfriend of seven years. They are very nice and we get along with them very well. We sort of just remained in the corner of the bar with this other couple and made fun of everyone from a distance. Thus, I was in my true form that night: both social and anti-social at the same time.

For labor day, Mel and I went to Boulder, Colorado in the afternoon just to see the town. It is a combination of Park City, UT and San Francisco, CA containing a variety of bearded hikers and unbathed hippies. It's very pretty there and they have a famous outdoor pedestrian way with unique shops, etc...We happened upon a local fair with a band performing. So we watched that and they were a really good jam band composed of 60 year old men.

Our weekdays are pretty much the same everyday. I spend most of the day into the night studying and Mel works at Chicago Title as a secretary. She wants to find something that she'll enjoy more and she does a great job of getting herself out there and finding opportunities. And I'm enjoying law school. That's what is going on with us. I hope you all use the blog to keep us updated because, as you know, we are isolated out here.

4 comments:

jenbahrens said...

How do you post something? Anyone...anyone...

janellelee said...

GREAT!! sounds like you guys are getting along. i have always wanted to visit CO! we will have to soon! very funny ryan, i just envisioned you and mel at the bar scene in a red/brown leather 'U' seat with gold studds and brown table. peering thru the smoke filled, yeast smelling room to watch all the egocentric, drunk, twenty-somethings laugh and try to impress their friends.

janellelee said...

jen, call me...i dont have your new phone #...i tried calling last week, i wanna know about the new house...

Amy said...

I'm glad you and Melanie are enjoying Colorado. I'm actually taking a law class this semester, It makes me feel like I'm getting a small taste of what law school is actually like. It's obviously not as intense as law school but it's really interesting. Tell Melanie being a secretary is a boring a job. I'm kind of one and it drives me insane.