Thursday, September 13, 2007

from Ryan


Today we are going to the Colorado Supreme Court to observe oral arguments on a couple of different cases. So that'll be interesting to see how it all works. Things are going good for us here. I spend most of my time reading and studying. Although, occasionally I watch an episode of the office (we have the season 3 dvd) to replenish my sanity and to keep in touch with the world. I find the character Dwight to be hilarious--especially his fanatical loyalty to his company. Another thing I like about his character is that even when he is not the focal point of a scene, he finds a subtle way into it by scowling or glaring at the workers from a corner. I can't wait for the next season to begin.

Here's a New York picture for Jon. Mel and I loved New York this summer. We did so many things that we will probably never have a chance to do again. Though we were working long days, we never felt like it was permanent and so it all felt like a long vacation. Mel was actually offered a job with the ad agency she was working with. I wonder what it would've been like to stay there, to attend one of the 9 law schools there. That was certainly a possibility for us. It was funny listening to Jon say that he knew his way around the city after a day of being there. And it was fun to take evan and jon around the city for a few days. Evan, Mel, and I went jogging along the east river with a spectacular view of the manhattan skyline and evan outran us by a long shot. And of course, Jen and Ron's family was great to be around. Where are posts from Mom, Evan, and Mike?

2 comments:

janellelee said...

i hope mel won't resent you later by making her move away from NYC. where she could have had a fabulous designer life...J/K!! I AM Sad that i haven't made it out there...maybe one day....

jenbahrens said...

We had so much fun with you this summer. I bet that visiting the Colorado Supreme Court was cool. Janelle, I'd love to do a sisters weekend in NYC with you and Amy. And Mom too of course, but she came out here twice this summer. Think about it.