Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hello everyone. Surprised I finally posted? This is the youngest child of mother and father writing this. Life is going well, except for the strenuous courses I am taking at Kamiakin High School. Amongst these are Basic Art, English III-IV, Honors Geometry, Honors Physics, German I-II, and of course Seminary. Geometry is much different than I expected, it's like logic, rather than measuring angles and lengths. I have Mrs. Kutschkau as my teacher. Harder than I expected, too. Honors Physics is pretty much a second math class, solving equations measuring the time and distance(called displacement) objects move with certain accelerations and velocities. I am a poor artist, so art is a hard class, and I've always hated English. German seems like it will be pretty easy, although my teacher, Herr Matthes, has a strange sense of humor. He's from Germany. Seminary is a fun class. Oh yeah, I'm also taking zero hour Weight Training. Currently, I am not involved with a sport. Come Spring, I will be in Track and Field, participating in the 400 and 800 meter races, and possibly the long jump. My band, which I can't remember our new name(it used to be Rude Awakening) is beginning. The members are: me on rhythm guitar and backup vocals, Kevin Lewis as lead vocalist, Nick Meng on lead guitar and backup vocals, Conor McDaniel on bass and backup vocals, and a kid named George, on drums. I can't remember his last name.Yes, finally winter is almost here. Cold, gray days and leaveless trees are what I live for. I just hope we get a lot of snow. Conor McDaniel says we will, because the squirrels gathered the nuts earlier than usual this year. Another plus to winter is that I don't have to mow the bloody lawn anymore.Well that's it. This is what my uncreative mind came up with. As I wrote this, I was listening to The Beatles.

From, the teenager Evan
Further bulletins as events warrant

4 comments:

janellelee said...

Thanks evan!! you are NOT uncreative and don't look at yourself that way. we all want to hear the inner workings of your mind. Interesting that the darkness and grey runs thru you as well. "the force is strong in this one..." We are anxious to know what the new name of the band will be. classes sound kinda hard. you totally looked like a true "teenager" tonight w/your cool shirt, jeans and glasses. please throw your painted basketball shorts away. i will buy you a new pair w/o stains or holes! THANKS FOR THE INSIGHT! keep them coming!

Ryan said...

Evan, wie geht's? Uncreative?!? its good to hear from you. Where do you guys practice? I always liked playing at the McDaniel's basement because they always had a fridge full of soda to which I would help myself. What guitar do you use?

My unsolicited advice is as follows:

Attack your school courses like an assassin attacks its victim--methodically and patiently. Though these honor courses may be strenuous, you'll do well because you are smart and because you spend time with it all the while leaving time for rocking with the band.

cobrakaidojo said...

evan, i am glad you posted! keep them comin'. i am impressed with your writing skills. Your german teacher is probably way better than the one i had, even frau hyde. she was terrible. good luck in school.

jenbahrens said...

Evan,

You are talented and smart and you're going to do great this year in school. Here's the link to the Wall Street Journal online:

www.wsj.com

Reading a little of this every day will help increase your ACT score next year.

Love,

Jen