Monday, September 24, 2007

A message from the real Montanan


Seeing as Bob and I are the only ones who should really be allowed to post under the title of "News from the Bitterroot" I thought I better make my big entrance onto the blog. Since I don't have any adorable kids, cross country races, hot dates or high school classes to write about I can guarantee you that this post will be utterly boring. The highlight of last week was the three delicious samples we ate on our trip to Super Target and the discovery that our library has every season of Scrubs on DVD. This week I am looking forward to one thing... the season premiere of The Office. I will thoroughly enjoy watching it on our tv while Ryan attempts to improve the reception be playing around with the antenna. I'm currently working as what they call an administrative assistant. I think they came up with that name so that I would feel cooler then a secretary. Basically I answer phones, water the plants, make cookies and think of ways to waste time. I sulked about my job all last week and was rewarded by getting three calls for interviews. I had a couple today and I have a couple tomorrow so I hope one of these works out so that I can proudly announce my new job sometime next week. Last night Ryan put me through a grueling interview practice session where I had to walk in and shake his hand several times until I got it right. He is a great mentor so hopefully it pays off. I will let you all know because I'm sure you are all holding your breath in anticipation.

5 comments:

janellelee said...

funny mel! i hope you do get your job...it is funny b/c you do learn how to appear busy, or how to pretend like you have so much to do, thru "admin. assistant" jobs. i was extatic to see that you guys like scrubs...what is going to happen between j.d. and elliot? we dont really watch a lot of t.v., but we do live for the office and we love scrubs as well...and we are now getting hooked on 'clean house.'

Amy said...

Mel, I too am looking forward to the season premier of The Office. I have been waiting all week to find out what happens next. I hope you get the job you want. I'm kind of a secretary and I find it to be very boring. So good Luck!

cobrakaidojo said...

Mel,

I was in Montana last week. Your and my State is as beautiful as ever. I had never been further East than Butte, so going to Bozeman I was able to see new country. Rugged and beautiful. I kind of got a sense where my birth place--Helena was located. And I figured out for the first time that Great Falls is a bit North, and that if I continued East on 90 I would end up in Billings. Good luck on your interviews.

Dad

cobrakaidojo said...

I'm sure that a great job will come your way, Melanie. Bob, your
claim to be from Montana gets
a bit embarassing when you represent that to the home teachers. Your just a Tri-City man
after all; but that's okay by me.

deb

cobrakaidojo said...

I am truthful with my home teachers. Montana is my true heritage and I am proud of it.

Dad