Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wow! I have such amazing, interesting, imaginative and
wonderful grandchildren. I hate to see summer leave because I had such a fun one with

all my grandchildren. I think we had fun in Utah with Amy, Riley,
Jon, Evan, Dad and my parents and siblings. The Reunion was a well organized and busy
event. I was proud to show off Audrey, Reese and Sadie. I got the nerve up to rent a "wave runner". Even tho my speed was a bit moderate, I had a ball on it. New Jersey was fun too! Jen is an amazing "New York City" driver. She rivals any cab driver there as she manuevers her silver Honda Odessey filled with 4 kids, her mom, and brothers all trying to tell her where to go as she dodges, cuts off, argues with police officers, and avoids pedestrians in and out of the traffic. Away she drives always seeking the quickest and least traversed highways and bridges,
making split second decisions as to what route to take in order to get us all to our desired destination for that day.
Thanks to Melanie and Ryan we got tickets for Les Mis and that was fun to see again.


The highlight of the summer was being able to attend Christians
baptism. That was such a sweet day. I'm thankful that Christian chose to be baptized. He is
such a special boy. He has such a sweet spirit about him. He knows the gospel well. He was
well prepared to understand his baptism and what it means to him. I am very proud of him.
Another special event that took place was Evan being blessed to serve as a Priest in the
Aaronic Priesthood. I am grateful for his willingness to serve in this calling. He has always
done his best to fulfull his duties in the Priesthood and I am proud of him for being able to now
move forward and serve as a Priest.
love from mom

































5 comments:

Amy said...

Those are great pictures mom! Our neices and nephews are great. I love playing with them! (Despite what Janelle thinks) They're all so smart and cute! Each one has their own individual personality, it's so much fun to talk with them. I think in every picture I see of Joseph he has some new costume on, he's got such a creative imagination. Claire and Audrey are such beautiful little girls. Christian is so stinkin' smart and Reese is hilarious. Grace and Sadie are perfect babies. I hope when I start to have kids they'll turn out like my sisters kids! I always think about that, I seriously hope they'll be just like my neices and nephews.

janellelee said...

awww, amy, that was so nice! great post mom! thanks for the summer update! and great pictures. christians baptism pic. is so sweet. i remember babysitting him when he was less than a year! mom, what is going on in your life these days??

cobrakaidojo said...

yes this was a fun summer. it was fun to go back east with you mom. i liked it when we visited our house in bridgewater and found asian woman doing the kata.

Ryan said...

Its true you have amazing grandchildren mom. Great post and pictures!

jenbahrens said...

Mom, This post meant a lot to me. I was so happy you were able to come out for Christian's baptism. And I'm happy you had a fun summer!